Drumlin Consulting* can help make strategy happen in the context of your business plan.
Through hands on learning at various management levels, in a number of industries, my practical experience can be a benefit in assisting you to achieve your goals. My mantra is : plan well, maintain focus, and manage capital efficiently. Adherence to these principles along with excellent execution of your plan, will see your start-up or business achieve all that it can.
As presented in Ready, Set, Start-up my view is that an essential first step, whether in a start-up or a new internal project, is the validation of your great idea. Only when a justification statement is accepted can a plan to develop the idea be started and later executed.
- Undertaking a startup is not merely a matter of implementing a brilliant initial idea. Validate your idea, create a plan, and efficiently execute the plan.
- If focus starts to move away from the defined market, re-visit and adapt the plan before proceeding further.
- Install Drumlin’s spread sheet based budget and capital management tool.
- Understand your potential users. Make your product/service not merely good, but excellent.
- Evolving your idea is the embodiment of understanding your users.
- Engage Drumlin as advisor.
- Visit a Start-up Process description here.
Tell me what you need. If I am not able to undertake the task I will tell you. Drumlin can:
- Assess your problem-to-goal path and provide advice as necessary.
- Research a subject and present findings needed by your company.
- Fill a position until a permanent employee is engaged.
- Assume a role that is temporarily vacant.
- Provide advice on funding sources and seek funding on your behalf.
- Drumlin is free until a mutually agreed upon fee structure is in place.
- Drumlin expects to earn fees; not be paid for just being there; and only if meaningful value is provided.
WIGO – What is going on?
Be purposeful and systematic. The path from problem to goal requires a plan, focus, & includes milestones, pivots, and patience.
“…strategy is not the consequence of planning but its opposite: its starting point”Mintzberg, The Rise and Fall of Strategic Planning
To discuss a situation, or ask questions, Contact Drumlin
*Publisher – For the record, Drumlin Consulting is the publisher of Ready, Set, Start-up. The book is available from Amazon – eBook and Softcover.